Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baby Mine

My Charlie is 10 weeks old today and this is the first time I have written since he was born. I've thought over and over again of all the things I want to say and finally realized that if I waited for the words to come to me, I would never write again.

He is absolutely perfect.

It's like falling in love. Over and over.

I will backtrack one of these days and write about moments. Because really, that's all there really are. Moments that make my heart feel too big for my chest. Moments that make me stop and think, "When I'm eighty, this is what I want to remember."

I'm happy. So happy. For the first time in my life, I'm not waiting for anything.

Introducing Charlie Stephen Aardappel, the love of our life.















4 comments:

  1. I've been waiting patiently for your return to blogging! He is a sweet boy. Can't wait for the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeesss! welcome back! so true about waiting for the right words to come..no need for words, your pics say it all. beautiful baby charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful post...and gorgeous family! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete