I've done a lot of reading over the summer (shocking, I know) and I have to recommend a book that was recommended to me, by my dear friend Vicki. I believe her exact words were, "Put down whatever you are currently reading and start The Kite Runner."
Man, was she right.
I have to give you a warning though: This isn't a light read. I threw the book once. I closed it twice and swore I wasn't going to pick it up ever again. I was mad. I was hurt and disgusted. I cried.
I'm a strong believer in the truth, however, and this novel does an amazing job of being honest about the problems in Afghanistan. It's honest about relationships and our shortcomings as human beings. It is a beautiful story about redemption and the possibilities of being good again. Of acceptance and love.
Read it. Please.

One of my favorites!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you loved it. It's so very wonderful and awful at the same time. So human.
ReplyDeleteAlso love the blog theme - because really, what other one would we pick? :) love you.